The Murdock Solon Architects staff attended the 27th Annual International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) in New York City May 16-19. With more than 600 exhibitors, the range of styles, materials, and talent was paramount. Below are a few of the trends spotted and favorites selected by Murdock Solon Architects.
BOLD, BRIGHT, AND GEOMETRIC
1. Tilework was exceptional this year, and we especially appreciated the patterns from Ornamenta, an Italian company.
2. We couldn't help but be mesmerized by the gorgeous wallpapers from Calico. The brand's exquisite gradients would add life to any room.
MESH COVERED AND LINEAR LIGHTING
3. The unique designs of Metropolis Factory certainly brightened our day, which included the Titus Drum Light shown above.
5. For larger scale spaces, we appreciated the minimalist designs by Apparatus.
6. We were thrilled to see the return of the Drop™ chair by Fritz Hansen. Originally a 1958 design, the chair is now available again in six different colors.
7. We also welcome from a bit further back old porcelan light switches from Fontini. Their unique look adds a sense of authencity in a classicly designed space or can offer a perfect mix of old and new.
Photo copyrights belong to the respective brands.